Phillips & King, a leading distributor of specialty tobacco, alternative smoking products, and accessories in the United States, is pleased to announce the arrival of its Reserve Collection, a new line of exclusive premium cigars from some of the industry’s most iconic brands. The Phillips & King Reserve Collection is launching at TPE23 with 6 exquisite blends available only to Phillips & King retail customers.
“We developed the Reserve Collection to help our customers stand out from their competitors with a line of proprietary cigars from the best-selling heritage brands,” says Jim Charnley, Senior Director of Marketing. “We leveraged our longstanding factory relationships to create a series of cigars that offer a range of flavor and strength profiles. And the Reserve Collection is available in two distinct packaging formats designed to fit a variety of retail footprints.”
Handcrafted and blended with perfectly aged long-fill tobaccos, the Reserve Collection includes:
- Montecristo, a mellow-to-medium-bodied cigar wrapped in a Habano leaf with tasting notes of cocoa, cedar, and sweet spices.
- H. Upmann, a medium-to-full-bodied cigar wrapped in a Connecticut Ecuadoran leaf with tasting notes of sweet spices, rich latte, and nutmeg.
- Romeo y Julieta, a medium-bodied cigar wrapped in a Habano leaf with tasting notes of vanilla, molasses, and black pepper.
- Macanudo, a mellow-to-medium cigar with an Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade wrapper and tasting notes of milk chocolate, almonds, and white pepper.
- La Gloria Cubana, a medium-bodied cigar with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and tasting notes of molasses, all-spice, and dark rye.
- Punch, a medium-to-full-bodied cigar with a Rosado Olancho wrapper and tasting notes of exotic spices, dark chocolate, and cedar.
Designed with retailers of all sizes in mind, the Reserve Collection offers 20-count boxes of Toros and Robustos that can be stored in a traditional humidor, as well as a distinctive countertop display featuring 3-pack samplers that do not require additional humidification.
Says Charnley, “Many of our customers have well-established premium cigar programs, while others are just starting out. So, we took a versatile approach to the Reserve Collection packaging, and are offering wooden boxes for the classic humidor, and countertop displays for those dipping a toe into the cigar market. We think the countertop unit will be additionally useful for customers looking to increase their average transaction value, with the grab-and-go nature of these recognizably branded cigars.”